Terms and Conditions
Last updated: Aug 3, 2021
Our design process is very simple:
- We do a kickoff meeting with the client to get a clear understanding of the scope of the website project. Meeting can be over zoom, or over the phone.
- We determine if the template package meets your needs. The template package is designed to be turnkey and ready to go because the design is already done, client just needs to add their content. A payment is required – either paid in full or start the payment plan.
- We send out templates that fit the clients needs best and client must pick one of the designs and layouts provided. Because the design of the templates are laid out so its mobile friendly and SEO ready. Client can only remove sections of the template to fit their needs but if it is required to add new pages or new sections. We will send out a separate estimate.
- Client will have access to a “testing” server environment during the development phase. Client can monitor progress and provide feedback any time.
- Our goal is to have every project finished within 30 days of actually starting.
- Projects that drag on longer than 30 days because of lack of client participation (unable to get site reviewed, unable to get all content, unable to get approval, etc.) will result in website project being put on hold.
- If the project lasts longer than 30 days, then work will not begin again until all missing items have been given submitted.
- Monthly website care service starts after approval of the final website. We charge quarterly or annually and client can cancel anytime. Without complete payment (including any extra charges), the site will not go live onto your domain.
Rice Digital can offer affordable pricing on our Starter Website package because we provide all the subscription licenses, hosting and support for all your website needs. If the client wishes to take on the costs of hosting, license fees and website management for themselves. We have no problems with that, the client owns the design we’ve done on the template and we were only paid for our time to design the website. We will provide the client the links to purchase the licenses for the themes, plugins we used to develop the website and recommend hosting providers.
We do not take ownership of the website domain, intellectual property or proprietary information. Client owns everything and we carry out our work in accordance with standard industry practice at a standard expected from a web design professional.
We take a 50% deposit on all websites to cover any costs of premium plugins and premium themes as well as time to develop the website. This deposit is not refundable if the website project is not completed for any reason. Once work has started there are no refunds.
If the client changes their mind prior to starting work on the website a 100% refund of the deposit will be provided.
For our Custom Website Packages. Due to the custom nature of the work. We send out separate Terms and Conditions with the Scope of Work and will require an e-signature to get started.
Ready To Get Started?
Need your website redesigned or starting a new business and need an affordable website?
We can help you navigate the complexities of website design, development and management. Connect with us and tell us more about your requirements.